Monday, February 8, 2010

Assignment 8 2nd poem


Amputation being performed in a hospital tent, Gettysburg, July 1863

I see fear I see near
I see people I see clear
Amputation is always near
Amputation is always full of fear

Lies between fears
Lies between near
Lies between gods
My name is fear

Imagine life without walking
My fear is always near
My life under a tent
Full of fear but will always stay near
Let’s pray let’s imagine life without walking

More fear more tears
My life is always near and full of fear
I close my eyes think of fear but at the end

I see fear
I see near
I see life
I see clear

1 comment:

  1. Good. Yes, I think these hospital tents would be filled with fear- especially considering the medical practices used during the war.

    Could use more information about what the tents were like during the war, but overall very good. 25/30 points for this one.

    ReplyDelete